Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What is your morning prayer?

Prayer is an expression of our communion with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We pray because we are connected - we do not pray to be connected.

Every morning some people pray like this way:

" Father , thank you for this day, please be with me in all my activities , work and where ever I may be. Bless my plans and please come and be with me. In Jesus name , Amen"

Hmm ... of course God answers prayer not scrutinizing every word that we used but he answers it by grace. However the words we say in our prayers reflects our understanding about who God is and who we are in Him.

Consider the following truths:

1. You are in the presence of God all the time. it is not on and off presence. This is a reality because of our union with Christ.

2. When you slept last night. after saying your prayer. God did not go home in heaven and left you alone soundly asleep,planning to go back before you wake up or when you call Him back.

3. When you wake up in the morning. you just need to acknowledge that God is there and did not leave. He is  the first Person who greets you good morning and you do not need to call him back from heaven to be with you again for that new day.

You may say something like this :

 " Father thank you for watching me as I rest through your gift of sleep. I was safe all along because you embrace me while asleep. I have a very good morning because my day starts with you and as always, you will be with me because I am united to you in your beloved Son, Jesus Christ in the communion of the Holy Spirit. Amen

Prayer is very important... because in prayer we commune... Let us live a life of prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment