Sunday, February 28, 2010

Repentance - in real sense...

Some people warn us to repent. What they mean is actually to stop us in doing things they consider sins.
Many people responded. They stop doing bad things for a while, but then find themselves doing the same things again and again and again until they lost hope of trying to change...

This people taught they have repented... but what they encountered is only MORALITY campaign.

Yes... people may stop from doing bad things but it remains only a form of morality because it is actually grounded on LEGALISM.

True repentance is change of mind a METANOIA..

Change of mind about : Who God is... and who we are in Him...

People do bad things because they do not know who God really is. They believed in God who is Wrathful. A God who is policeman always waiting for a time to strike them when they commit mistakes. A God who created humanity but is detatched and separated from them.

Moreover, people believed that they are bad and hopeless. They were made to believed that they are separated from God. That they are so dirty. Hopeless, worthy of hell.

To truly repent is to believe that God is love. He is Trinity. He is relational. In Christ, every person is now included into the divine fellowship. No one is outside. Because of this, every human is important. worthy and beloved of God.

BUT WAIT.. what about our bad behaviors... our bad acts..

Many people testified that when they really believed Who God is and Who they are in Christ, they experienced INNER TRANSFORMATION. Even without anyone pointing out their specific sins..They recieved a conviction to change. They do not enjoy anymore what they used to do.

This happens because they are now conscious of the reality that Christ is in them and they are in Christ...

11 comments:

  1. Hi Sir! napasyal lang. When will your next post be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, AC! Thanks for letting me know about your blog, I'll be looking forward to reading it on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People do bad things because they do not know who God really is. They believed in God who is Wrathful.

    Sir, how does it follow that if I believe that God is wrathful, I will do bad things?

    A God who is policeman always waiting for a time to strike them when they commit mistakes.

    Oh, that's an awfully bad theology. The God of the bible is patient with sinners. But he did appointed a day of judgment (Acts 17:31). And again I cannot see the connection on how a "policeman" view of God leads one to do bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for reading Bro. Manny

    Please take note that I did not say:You will do bad things when you believed God is wrathful. What I said is: People do bad things because they do not know who God really is.

    That God is wrathful and is like a policeman always waiting for a time to strike them when they commit mistakes are wrong beliefs which is a result of NOT KNOWING WHO GOD REALLY IS.

    OF COURSE there is no connection on how a "policeman" view of God leads one to do bad things. I do not know where you get the idea, it is certainly NOT stated in the blog.Please read it again.

    I suggest you read sentences in their proper context.Do not separate sentences apart from paragraphs and build arguments which the paragraphs are not saying. That will surely result in an "awfully bad theology".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Sir if I have read it wrongly. All of them really belongs to one paragraph and you cannot really blame for for misreading it. My grade 5 teacher, Miss Rosario Reyes of Central 2 Elementary School, taught me that every paragraph has a topic sentence and a main idea. The first sentence seems to me the topic sentence and the sentences that follow flow from it. I suggest you rewrite it to prevent others from ending with the same reading as mine.

    But I certainly believe that if a man has a wrong concept of God, it will surely lead him to do bad things. If a person's view of God is all love and mercy without holiness and justice, then he will do bad things. That is another form of an awfully bad theology.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with that, especially if the love, mercy, holiness and justice of God is not grounded in the truth that God is Trinity...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sir, you would allow me, I would like to ask further questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I changed my mind. No further questions.
    BIRTHDAY GREETINGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is a late comment but, here it is: I agree with what you wrote and I would hope that God is like this, my problem is that I really don't see that this is what is being taught in the pages of the bible,in order to find the kind of God you write about in your blog you really have to stretch alot of things out of context within the bible, I would love a God that you write about but I am unable to see the same one within the bible.
    thank you,

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe your Bible says that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit... That is the only true God...and he is revealed in Jesus Christ who is both Son of God and Son of Man.

    ReplyDelete